Podcasting a simple method of distributing media files using RSS feeds. Publisher use Podcasting as a way to push their audio files out to iPods.
You can set podcastin in
the Forum & Moderators section of the admin panel.
Podcast can allow forum users to upload mp3 in a thread, and include it as special RSS feed to podcast readers.
Podcast Settings section allows you to configure iTunes specific settings for your forums.
How to configure vBulletin for Podcasting:
1. Login into admincp system (vBulletin Admin Control Panel).
2. In the left column look for the option Forum & Moderators.
3. Click on Forum & Moderators to expand the child menu (see a below picture).
4. Click on Forum Manager.
5. A new screen appears as below. Select a forum to host the podcast files configure the iTunes settings and select Podcast Settings in the drop down list box.
6. After selecting Podcast Settings, a new screen displays as below:
- Select Enabled to Yes.
- Select a Category.
- Fill in remaining setting as you like, such as Media Author, Owner Name, Owner Email, Images URL, Subtitle, Keywords, Summary, Explicit.
7. Click Save button to update Podcast Settings. You should see the message as below.
Requirements you need to do before you can setup a Podcast.
1. Go To option Settings.
2. Click Settings to open child menu (see a below picture).
3. Next click Options. The right panel will be updated.
4. Select External Data Provider, click Edit Settings as below.
5. Set Enable RSS Syndication and Enable Podcasting (RSS Encloseure) to Yes. You can ignore the rest of the settings if you like.